The Australian and South Australian governments have jointly committed $354.3 million to construct the Regency Road to Pym Street (R2P) Project as part of their overall commitment to build a non-stop North-South Corridor.
The project comprises an at-grade motorway from the existing motorway infrastructure to the north (South Road Superway); an overpass of the motorway over Regency Road; and an at-grade motorway from Regency Road to Pym Street, transitioning to the lowered motorway infrastructure (Torrens Road to River Torrens Project). The concept design includes:
- a 1.8 kilometre section of non-stop roadway, providing three lanes in each direction (at-grade);
- two lanes in each direction on the South Road surface road, providing access to the surrounding community and local businesses;
- an overpass over Regency Road (three lanes in each direction). Two lanes in each direction (at-grade) on the surface roads underneath;
- left in and left out only access at Pym Street;
- full access to and from the non-stop motorway at Regency Road;
- intersection upgrade at Regency Road;
- improved cycling and pedestrian facilities;
- a grade separated pedestrian and cycle overpass over South Road in the vicinity of Pym Street; and
- landscaping and noise barriers.
Please see downloads below to view the Concept Design.