Regency Road overpass in numbers
During the week of 4 to 11 January 2021, the Regency Road overpass centre spans were transported from the Polonia Reserve compound to their final location, over Regency Road, using Self Propelled Modular Transporters (SPMTs).
The installation of these spans was a major accomplishment, and a significant milestone achieved by the R2P Project during the one week period, which also produced an impressive list of numbers:
- SPMTs with a total of 60 axels and 240 tyres;
- two overpass centre spans, each measuring 84 metres and weighing around 1300 tonnes;
- eight back spans, each measuring 24.5 metres long, 2.4 metres high, 3.3 metres wide, and weighing up to 42 tonnes;
- 36 transfloor slabs (precast concrete floor), each measuring 2.9 metres wide and approximately 14 metres long, and weighing up to 14.5 tonnes;
- 21 cubic metres of concrete;
- over 4000 bolts;
- approximately eight kilometres of power cables;
- four traffic poles;
- three Variable Message Signs; and
- four road gantries.
Once complete the Regency Road overpass will measure 132 metres long, 27 metres wide and will provide 5.4 metres of clearance for large vehicles travelling underneath.
The Regency Road overpass is expected to open to traffic mid-2021.